As I am counting down the days until summer 2017 starts, I have a last minute assignment and exam/test to study for.
The question that everyone including myself should be thinking about is: What lessons have I learned while being a first year college student?
Here are my top 5 lessons that I’ve learned as a college student in the Radio & Broadcasting program:
1) Stress Management- I’ve learned to take my assignments, homework and studying for tests one thing at a time because sometimes I would stress if something is not finished and I would worry about it until I got it done.
2) Don’t be afraid to ask for extra help when you need it- If I was stuck on something or I wasn’t sure of what my professor was asking me to do, I would go to them for extra help and they would try to explain things to me so I can understand what to do. If you’re shy, don’t be afraid to ask your professors for help, they want to see you succeed in your program.
3) Time Management- I’ve learned to manage my time better with school work especially if I have an essay to write which could be due at a certain point in time. Radio is a deadline oriented industry so if you don’t stay on top of your work, you’re going to miss deadlines that are crucial to your boss and coworkers if you get a job someday.
4) Never Give Up- When times are difficult in your program whether it be you get a bad grade on an assignment or test, you just have to shake it off, realize where you went wrong and try again until you do get a better mark. Practice makes perfect!
5) Follow Your Dreams- If you love your program and the field that you’re getting into, don’t let people change your mind about your career path. This is about you after all and nobody else should have to make choices for you. You need to make your own choices in life that will benefit you.
My favourite quote that I want to share with my fans is from Pinterest
“There are no regrets in life, just lessons.”-Jennifer Anniston
If you love something and you want to pursue it, go for it because nobody is stopping you from following your dreams!
People have dreams for a reason because they want to be able to achieve them and to be happy with how their life is going right now.
Reach for the stars, you can make your dreams come true if you have motivation, passion and willingness to make it all happen! 🙂 ❤
What lessons have you learned as a college student? I’m curious to hear your comments, opinions and thoughts.